With my long lived passion for romance travel and tropical destinations like French Polynesia, I am always on the lookout for the latest offerings from my preferred travel providers. I recently reviewed Paul Gauguin Cruises and thought it would be helpful to share some of the highlights of their cruise offerings with you.
When considering a trip to French Polynesia, there are so many beautiful islands, authentic experiences and truly local points of interest to see, how does one choose their perfect vacation experience?
This is where a Paul Gauguin Cruise may be the answer. Their small ship luxury cruises provide a sampling of these islands without ever having to re-pack your bag, hop on another plane to the next island of choice, or lose another part of a day getting resettled. Navigating the shallow waters of Tahiti, French Polynesia and the South Pacific with ease, this ship offers a unique opportunity to taste a sampling of these islands.
A few things to think about if a South Pacific getaway is on your radar:
- The m/s Paul Gauguin was built specifically to sail the shallow waters of Tahiti, French Polynesia, and the South Pacific offering year-round 5+ star luxury cruising and an unprecedented access to the islands.
- A flight from Los Angeles is approximately 8 hours and the time zone is the same as Hawaii.
- $7 million refurbishment due to be done January, 2012.
- The ship has all oceanview staterooms and suites of which 70% have balconies, one wheelchair accessible stateroom and some will accommodate 3 guests.
- There is no age barrier on m/s Paul Gauguin. While the average passenger is 55, you will be traveling with honeymooners, professionals, retirees and families (during school holiday periods).
- With average year round temperatures of 79 degrees and water temperatures of 80 degrees, there is never an off season for these cruises.
- Offering 7 to 17 day itineraries and pre and post stays for additional time on an island of choice, the options are many.
- A Paul Gauguin cruise is all-inclusive making for an affordable paradise. No additional fees for onboard meals, beverages including select wine and spirits, gratuities, use of the water sports marina and days on private beaches in Bora Bora and Taha’a. Butler service is included for stateroom and suite categories B and higher.
- Special occasion offerings are a specialty of the m/s Paul Gauguin. Whether you are planning a destination wedding, honeymoon, anniversary or renewal of vows, the staff will create an unforgettable experience designed especially for you and your loved ones.
- Planning a Tahitian wedding, this cruise is a perfect venue for the ultimate romantic wedding. A new law just recently passed makes it possible for American and Canadian nationals to do just that.
- Gift registry is provided where you can create a “wish list” of gifts ranging from shore excursions to dining and spa options and they will take care of the rest.
- Retractable water sports platform where guests can hop on a wind-surfer, kayak or head off for a scuba diving adventure. There is scuba diving (PADI) certification offered as well.
- Ambassadors of the Environment Youth Program for young guests ages 9 to 17. They will explore coral reefs, hike rainforest trails and visit ancient Polynesian temples called marae, visit black pearl and vanilla farms and learn how volcanic islands become coral atolls,
- Guest host cruises covering a wide variety of special interests including art, wine, cuisine, Polynesian life and culture, or the wonders of the deep. Perhaps you’ll have dinner with one of these special experts, view a demonstration of their craft, enjoy a wine tasting, and more.
- Spa services provided by Deep Nature Spa by Algotherm, an award-winning luxury spa.
- For the fitness enthusiast there is a Fitness Center with Lifecycles, treadmills, stairmasters, and weight machines.
In my opinion, small ship cruises with Paul Gauguin offers the ultimate in luxury and value. Visiting multiple islands, experiencing your special interest and listening to the crewmembers pass along their expertise offers an unforgettable taste of French Polynesia.
Hopefully, this post gives you a bit of insight on a unique and exclusive way to see the islands of French Polynesia. Need help organizing your next romantic getaway? Please contact us today to start planning!